Chambers is delighted to announce that Stephen Woodward will be taken on as a tenant as of 11 June 2019 following the completion of his pupillage.
Stephen originally qualified as a solicitor in 2002, and as a Chartered Tax Adviser in 2005. He previously worked at Withers LLP and Payne Hicks Beach, where he was a partner in the Private Client department.
Stephen specialises in providing tax advice to individuals, and their families, trusts and businesses. In particular Stephen advises on:
- Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax and Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT);
- Residence, domicile and the remittance basis of taxation;
- The taxation of onshore and offshore trusts;
- Wills and Estates, including cross-border Estates;
- The taxation of UK real estate;
- The taxation of privately owned UK businesses including agricultural businesses;
- The tax efficient structuring of international privately owned businesses, including the use of Private Trust Company structures; and
- Tax and trust advice to Matrimonial lawyers, both in the context of divorce and pre/post-nuptial agreements.
Stephen was called to the Bar in November 2018.