Members of Three Stone are regularly involved in high-value cases, where we act both as advocates and as arbitrators in arbitrations conducted under the rules of prominent arbitral bodies or institutions, or pursuant to ad hoc procedures agreed by the parties. In addition, members have experience of arbitration-related proceedings (enforcement, challenges to awards, and applications for stays and anti-arbitration/anti-suit injunctions) either under the Arbitration Act 1996 in England or under similar jurisdictions overseas.
Members have extensive experience of arbitrations under the UNCITRAL and arbitration rules of a wide range of bodies and institutions including:
- the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC);
- the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA);
- the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) (including annulment proceedings) and the ICSID Additional Facility;
- the London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA);
- the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA);
- the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW);
- the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb);
- the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and Nominet in domain name proceedings.
Our experience of arbitration covers a varied range of subject matters in the fields of aviation, banking, marine salvage, insurance and reinsurance, public international law (including both traditional inter-State and investment protection disputes), company and commercial law including energy, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, sales of armaments and product liability), partnership, intellectual property, competition law, IT and telecommunications disputes as well as partnership disputes.
Members have been involved in arbitrations having their seat in many different jurisdictions including in Europe, the Caribbean, the Far East and Africa.
A number of members are Associates, Members or Fellows of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Some are also members of the London Court of International Arbitration. We also have members who sit as arbitrators, adjudicators or in expert evaluations.
How Three Stone can assist
Members of chambers have experience of a wide range of institutional and ad hoc arbitrations from investor-state to commercial disputes. Members are also available to sit as arbitrators or provide expert evidence as to English law.