Members of Three Stone are regularly involved in high-value cases, where we act both as advocates and as arbitrators in arbitrations conducted under the rules of prominent arbitral bodies or institutions, or pursuant to ad hoc procedures agreed by the parties. In addition, members have experience of arbitration-related proceedings (enforcement, challenges to awards, and applications for stays and anti-arbitration/anti-suit injunctions) either under the Arbitration Act 1996 in England or under similar jurisdictions overseas.
Members have extensive experience of arbitrations under the UNCITRAL and arbitration rules of a wide range of bodies and institutions including:
- the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC);
- the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA);
- the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) (including annulment proceedings) and the ICSID Additional Facility;
- the London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA);
- the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA);
- the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW);
- the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb);
- the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and Nominet in domain name proceedings.
Our experience of arbitration covers a varied range of subject matters in the fields of aviation, banking, marine salvage, insurance and reinsurance, public international law (including both traditional inter-State and investment protection disputes), company and commercial law (including energy, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, sales of armaments and product liability), partnership, intellectual property, competition law, IT and telecommunications disputes, and partnership disputes.
Members have been involved in arbitrations having their seat in many different jurisdictions including in Europe, the Caribbean, the Far East and Africa.
A number of members are Associates, Members or Fellows of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Some are also members of the London Court of International Arbitration.
The following members of Three Stone are available to sit as arbitrators, adjudicators or in expert evaluations in disputes arising within their practice areas:
- David Lord QC
- Robert Hantusch
- Jonathan Turner
- Neil Cadwallader
- Paul Burton
- Simon Olleson
- What the directories say
- David Lord QC is praised by Chambers & Partners for his "outstanding commercial litigation practice with a reach extending to a number of offshore jurisdictions"Chambers & Partners UK
- Simon Olleson is recommended as a Leading Junior (Band 3) for Public International Law in Chambers and Partners UK 2016 where he is described as having "a strong PIL practice spanning inter-state disputes, investment treaty arbitrations, Law of the Sea and state immunity issues", and as being "superb at getting things done in a timely way and good with demanding clients".Chambers & Partners UK 2016