Our work on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious banking and finance work (both international and domestic) includes:
- Trade finance
- Financial regulation & services
- Capital markets & securitisation
- Principal finance/private equity/hedge funds
- Swaps/credit derivatives/credit default swaps/collateral debt obligations
- Bonds/debt securities
- Mergers & acquisitions/leveraged buy outs
- Bills of Exchange and Promissory Notes
- Finance leasing, factoring, invoice discounting and general receivables financing.
We have great experience in all types of loan agreements, performance bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, documentary credits, electronic payment systems and funds transfers, and currency transactions.
Members of Three Stone are often involved act and advise in disputes surrounding retail banking operations and particularly in cases concerning undue influence and misrepresentation affecting the validity of security provided by domestic partners.
Our regulatory work includes
- perimeter issues, regulated financial services activities, financial promotions and collective investment schemes
- applications for authorisation and variations of permission, and “passporting” into and out of the UK
- conduct of business, client money and assets, prudential and anti-money laundering requirements
- FCA supervision and enforcement investigations
- duties of financial advisers, liability of appointed representatives and their principals
- Freedom of Information and Data Protection issues
- UK and EU regulation of medical devices and cosmetics
- regulation of estate agents
- complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service, Bar Standards Board, Legal Services Ombudsman, Information Commissioner and Parliamentary Ombudsman
- applications for compensation to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.