Daria Gleyze has been awarded “Pro Bono Employed Barrister of the Year 2018”.
Daria’s clients have praised her “above-and-beyond service”, her work helping them understand the process and providing personal support whenever possible.
“She was a vital instrument by assisting in protecting the rights of a tenant, which I am certain left an imprint on the opposite party. Ms Gleyze is an excellent representative of the Law” Pro bono client in a landlord and tenant matter.
There were nine categories up for nomination and a star-studded judging panel, which included the Lord Chief Justice, Chair of the Bar and the elusive Secret Barrister.
This year’s awards were expanded beyond the one Bar Pro Bono Award which has been presented to a barrister each year since 1997, in order to recognise the wider contribution barristers and chambers make to providing free legal advice and advocacy to the most vulnerable in society.
The award categories were:
• Young Pro Bono Barrister of the Year, sponsored by Place Campbell
• Junior Pro Bono Barrister of the Year, sponsored by Juriosity, the Legal Knowledge Network
• Pro Bono QC of the Year, sponsored by Judicial & Silk (formerly JSB Judicial)
• International Pro Bono Barrister of the Year
• Employed Pro Bono Barrister of the Year
• Pro Bono Chambers’ Staff Member of the Year, sponsored by the Legal Practice Management Association
• Pro Bono Innovation of the Year, sponsored by Lexis Nexis
• Pro Bono Chambers of the Year
• Lifetime Achievement in Pro Bono
The awards were hosted at the historic Fleet Street bank Child & Co on 24 October 2018.
Click here for Daria’s full interview with Counsel magazine.