Stephen Lloyd was called to the Bar by Middle Temple in 1971 and since 1972 has been in private practice from chambers in Lincolns Inn. He deals with a large range of private client matters in particular contentious trusts and probate and all aspects of land law (including business tenancies).
His work also includes commercial matters, contract disputes of all types, partnership and company issues and disputes arising out of allegations of fraud and negligence.
He is an accredited and experienced mediator with some fourteen years’ experience in a busy mediation practice involving disputes of all kinds in particular, but not limited to, matters within his practice range. Stephen Lloyd has long experience in teaching advocacy to the young Bar and solicitors both in the U.K. and abroad (South Africa, Bahamas, Mauritius, and Republic of Ireland) and is an experienced trainer of those wishing to teach advocacy; he has been a member of the faculty of Middle Temple Advocacy since its inception and is currently a member of the Training and Accreditation Committee of the Inns of Court College of Advocacy.
- Cases of interest
- Cawthorne v Stephens-Dunn  EWHC 2800 (Ch) (joint property/express terms/order for sale)
- Banwaitt v Dewji  EWHC 879 (QB)(fraudulent misrepresentation);  EWHC 883 (QB) (specific disclosure);
- Blackman v Man  EWHC 3162 (Ch) (testamentary capacity);
- Qualifications & appointments
- Deputy Chancery Master
- The Courts and Gardens of the Middle Temple (Middle Temple)
- The story of the Temple Foundlings (Middle Temple; Lent 2014 reading)
- The Middle Temple – A Guide (Middle Temple)
- Other pertinent information
- A Bencher of Middle Temple since 1996
- Lent Reader 2014
- Joint Master of the Gardens until 2016