Giles is Junior Counsel to the Crown and is experienced in dealing with substantial commercial litigation. Giles continues to be noted as a leader in his field and is highly regarded for his ‘technical knowledge and commercial know-how‘.
Over the last 23 years he has appeared at all levels up to and including the Court of Appeal. He has also acted in the Supreme Court of the Seychelles and in the Supreme Court of Gibraltar.
His practice has a particular emphasis on corporate fraud, company and contentious insolvency work, professional negligence (claimant and defendant) and banking. His work for the Secretary of State focuses on contentious public interest winding up petitions, including the appointment of provisional liquidators and appropriate injunctive relief, and disqualification applications under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986.
Giles is a truly commercial litigator in terms of approach to his cases and his clients’ interests and needs. He recognises the importance of achieving his clients’ aims and objectives (whether at trial or through ADR) as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
- What the directories say
- In addition to his obvious technical ability, he has great commercial awarenessLegal 500 UK 2015
- He is a robust, commercial advocate." "He inspires a lot of confidence through his focus on the case at hand - you know he's on top of absolutely everything.Chambers & Partners UK 2016
- Cases of interest
- SSI UK Ltd v Hewden Stuart Ltd  EWHC 2726 (Ch)
- Secretary of State for Business Innovation & Skills v Pawson  EWHC 2626 (Ch)
- LSC Finance Ltd v Abensons Law Ltd  EWHC 1163 (Ch)
- Overfinch Bespoke Vehicles Ltd (in Liquidation) v Freddie White as Liquidator of Lemma Europe Insurance Company Ltd [13/5/15] Gibraltar
- Secretary of State v Combined Maintenance Services Ltd (2015) LTL 7/1/15
- Qualifications & appointments
R3, Chancery Bar Association
- Personal interests
Rugby Union, F1, Film