Bella was called to the bar in 2021 and became a tenant in April 2023 upon successfully completing her third-six pupillage in Chambers. During her third-six pupillage, Bella undertook a variety of work and gained a wide range of experience across the practice areas of Chambers, under the supervision of Simon Hunter.
Over her time in Chambers, Bella has been instructed in disputes ranging from intellectual property, landlord and tenant (both residential and commercial), contract, insolvency, and probate, among other areas. She accepts instructions in all of Chambers’ areas of practice.
Before joining Three Stone, Bella undertook a pupillage with a focus on intellectual property work while simultaneously achieving a distinction on the Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law at Oxford University. Prior to that, Bella worked for Friends of the Earth on their legal team, undertaking legal research and assisting in judicial review claims against the Government.
Examples of recent work includes:
- Representing claimants and defendants in small claim, fast-track and multi-track trials covering a range of matters, from contract, landlord and tenant to probate
- Pursuing/resisting bankruptcy applications
- Assisting in large-scale intellectual property law trials involving multi-million dollar claims, including patent, copyright and trade mark claims
- Resisting/pursuing default judgment/summary judgment applications
- Advising and drafting regarding disputes involving the areas of, among others, landlord and tenant, intellectual property, insolvency, contract, company and probate law
- Assisting in a multi-million pound company law trial
- Non-contentious contract review and drafting
- Applications for/defending liability orders
Outside of chambers, Bella likes being in the outdoors with her whippet.
Education & achievements
- 2:1, BEng Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College London (2016)
- Distinction, Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP University (2018)
- Very Competent, Bar Professional Training Course, BPP University (2020)
- Distinction, Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law, Oxford University (2021)
- Inner Temple Exhibition Award
- Inner Temple Struben bequest Prize